What does a cookbook, crying and comfort have to do with each other? The are the three C's for me today! I found myself waiting for a prescription and started looking at the cookbook that I had just bought and for some reason I started crying and then I just wanted some comfort - like a piece of key lime cheesecake!
I know why I bought the cookbook, I wanted it! I like the author, Ree Drummond, "The Pioneer Woman". I read her blog and admire her life, cooking and photo's. (Who wouldn't like Maple Pecan Scones or Peach Crisp with Maple Cream Syrup!)
I know why I cried, I felt like it! I have always had a secret dreamed of living on a ranch, cooking good food and taking amazing pictures - and I guess that I realized that dream is not something that will never come true. So I am going to have to change my dream. (I don't think they have ranches in Thailand)
I know why I wanted comfort, grieving for a lost of some personal dreams! The key lime cheesecake will just have to wait for later because I was strong and decided an apple was better for me! (Calories are never lost in dreams or in reality!)
The three C's made for a thoughtful day or maybe it was just that my mind was somewhere else like the SUN- hiding in the clouds.
1 comment:
sounds like good food! I love good cookbooks too- I hope you got to make some good food! And hope by now you have found the sun!
Post a Comment